[Libreoffice] Newbie question: Windows SDK exact path

Jesús Corrius jesus at softcatala.org
Thu Aug 18 13:58:19 PDT 2011

On Thu, Aug 18, 2011 at 10:34 PM, Olivier Hallot
<olivier.hallot at documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Hi
> I am trying to build under windows 7 64Bits. I have installed Microsoft
> Windows SDK, but autogen is not able to find it no matter the trials I made.
>
> So can someone tell me what is the exact path to pass to
> "--with-windows-sdk-home"?
>
> The SDK is in 2 places:
>
> C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft SDKs
>
> C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs
>
> Which one is the good one?

The SDK is usually automatically found through the oowintool utility.
In the cases where it is not found the problem is usually because the
tool finds the SDK installed by your compiler, which is very
incomplete and misses some of the required components. The safe bet is
to install the same Microsoft SDK version as the one incompletely
provided by your compiler (6.0A for Visual Studio 2008, if I remember
well)

The configure script looks for certain files inside those directories,
so I guess the problem is that does files don't exist (probably
because you did not install some required optional component):

Lib/libcp.lib
Include/adoint.h
Include/SqlUcode.h
Include/usp10.h
lib/user32.lib
bin/msiinfo.exe
bin/msidb.exe
bin/uuidgen.exe
bin/msitran.exe

Last but not least, it's also possible that the newest Microsoft SDK
has some changes that requires that we update our detection.

Hope that helps a bit :)

--
Jesús Corrius <jesus at softcatala.org>
Document Foundation founding member