[Libreoffice] dragging masterbuild to another directory?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Fri Aug 19 09:16:59 PDT 2011

Hi Cor,

On Fri, 2011-08-19 at 12:57 +0200, Cor Nouws wrote:
> Sometimes I want to keep a build from master for some longer time.
> So I copied the root/install folder to somewhere in my /home.
> Initially that worked fine, could start it etc.

	Right - because all the hard-coded paths were pointing back at the
previous version :-)

> So either the copied build from master still points to some (simlinked)
> files, that have been changed in a later build.
> Or ...?

	There used to be a tool:

	solenv/bin/relocate

	that you could pass the new path too having moved the source tree. It
is -likely- that that is not working -so- wonderfully these days (you'd
prolly need to re-source the new environment and do a new 'make
dev-install' after it).

	But it'd be good to fix that up so it continues working. Clearly if you
do an install with 'ooinstall <path>' that will continue working
~forever [ if you don't link it ] - and doesn't drag around the source
tree either, does that help ?

	ATB,

		Michael.