[Libreoffice] Get rid of unused direct dependencies
prabi at caesar.elte.hu
Sat Aug 20 09:18:11 PDT 2011
Hi Michael, András, all,
I'm interested in your opinion about the following problem of mine:
There are probably libraries and executables in LibO that are
dynamically linked to libraries that they do not use.
I wrote some c++ code (attached) to find these needless dependencies. I
was using `ldd -u foo' to fetch the "unused direct dependencies" of foo
if its build is GnuMake-ified. The tool (libfilter) also removes the
entries of these unnecessary libs from the proper makefile.
I also attached a patch containing the result I got after running
libfilter. Unfortunately, it removed loads of libs that was
indispensable for running foo.
I'm wondering if you could tell me why did ldd misled me (what did I
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 10163 bytes
Desc: not available
More information about the LibreOffice