[Libreoffice] [GSoC] bigger libraries

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Mon Aug 22 06:01:39 PDT 2011

Hi,

Now sending patch for enabling bigger library in gbuild.
Unfortunately the modules have to be in tail_build and there is
nothing to merge now. Only uui.
Hopefully it will be soon better although I don't know who is/will be
working on gbuildification.

How to call it in configure? what should be foo in --enable-foo ?

The idea is to start LibreOffice, all versions (writer, calc, draw,
... what's the term for these? ) and look which libraries are loaded.
Then pick common libraries which are always loaded and link them
together. (I mean create one library from those object files).
These are now called gb_CORE_LIBS.

Then I had an idea if this could be interesting also for writer, .. separately ?
I mean look which libraries are loaded just in writer and merge also
these. (And create gb_WRITER_LIBS, ..)

This should be improvement as is alone but it's done for better
link-time optimization.

Best,

Matúš