[Libreoffice] LibreOffice Java API

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Mon Aug 22 22:59:41 PDT 2011

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 10:38:21PM -0300, Paulo Ortolan wrote:
> Hi, there
>
>        I have to do something uncommon on Libre Office calc and it's not
> just something that a macro can do. I decided to use Libre Office Java API
> and I can't find anyway a help on how to integrate them. Do you have some
> tutorial, guide or URL that's reliable to kickstart this?

This mailing list is for development discussion. See
http://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/mailing-lists/ for user support
MLs.

Here are the references I could gather in 30s:

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/OpenOffice.org_Developers_Guide
http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Documentation/DevGuide/ProUNO/Java/Java_Language_Binding
(go to the subpages
    *  Getting a Service Manager
    * Transparent Use of Office UNO Components
    * Handling Interfaces
    * Type Mappings)
Java-specific API reference: http://api.openoffice.org/docs/java/ref/overview-summary.html
General (cross-language) API reference: http://api.openoffice.org/docs/common/ref/com/sun/star/module-ix.html
More generally: http://api.openoffice.org/ (includes search forms)

You can also have a look at the examples that come with LibreOffice;
I'm not 100% sure now if there are Java examples or only other languages.

--
Lionel