[Libreoffice] Bug 38882 - [EasyHack] Make it easier to select/deselect UI languages in the Windows installer

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Aug 23 09:21:04 PDT 2011

Hi Cato,

On Mon, 2011-08-22 at 20:35 +0200, Cato Auestad wrote:
> Oh, I totally agree, but when I saw the bug report I worked from the
> same perspective as I do in my work. We aren't usually provided with
> the source, just a vendor MSI, so we make transforms.

	Ah :-)

>  I don't think I can be of much assistance when it comes to modifying
> the installer in the sense you are proposing. It is pretty far beyond
> my knowledge and it seems like it would be quite the complex operation
> do change anything in that script.

	Sounds like an exciting opportunity to learn I think; though of course
you'd really need a windows build to be able to test your changes.
Ultimately, if you research a single problem enough - it is easy to
collect the skills to hack on and improve almost anything: though it
clearly takes time, and writing of a lot of notes.

	Given that we have to have as simple and repeatable build as possible,
would you still be interested in working on this ? :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.