[Libreoffice] Questions about Easyhack 37007 Add Math symbol "There does not exist"

julien2412 serval2412 at yahoo.fr
Tue Aug 23 13:18:07 PDT 2011

Hello again,

First, thank you Jan for your help.
Now i'm almost at the end, the symbol "There does not exist" appears in
dialog window. The pb is when I select it, it appears correctly very quickly
(0,5s) the first time then I've got a rectangle. Then if i test again, it
doesn't appear anymore correctly. I must restart LO to have it correctly
0,5s. I don't know why.

I don't know how to debug this :
I tried this :
$ cd $LOROOT/install/program
$ source ./ooenv
$ gdb ./soffice.bin
(gdb) run -impress (or -writer, ...)
(gdb)
but I don't know where to put breaks

and this :
$ cd $LOROOT/install/program
$ ./sdraw    # or ./soffice ./swriter, ...
$ LOPID=$(pidof soffice.bin)
$ gdb soffice.bin $LOPID
(gdb)
But then LO seems not to work correctly at all.

I noticed too the file  ooo_custom_images/classic/classic_images.tar.gz I
manually change it to include in it my 2 new files :
mi21618.png from default_images/starmath/res + mi21618.png renamed in
mih21618.png from ooo_custom_images/hicontrast/starmath/res/.

Still it doesn't work.

Any idea ?

(and it's only an "easy hack" ! :-) )