[Libreoffice] Build break in module basic

Eike Rathke ooo at erack.de
Wed Aug 24 09:40:59 PDT 2011

Hi Regina,

On Wednesday, 2011-08-24 14:40:54 +0200, Regina Henschel wrote:

> Tor Lillqvist schrieb:
> >>Maybe getting make 3.82 from http://ftpmirror.gnu.org/make/ helps,
> >
> >Or even our "own" make 3.82 with some useful debugging and warning
> >options added from
> >http://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/libreoffice/contrib/dev-tools.git/
> >(munge into the git URL of your choice depending on if you use the
> >anongit server or the authenticated one).
> >
> >>though I have no idea whether that builds in cygwin or not,
> >
> >Sure.
>
> How to do that? Up to now I have build from tarballs with "build
> --all" in instsetoo_native, so I'm really lost with git and make.

A usual approach to install some *ix'ish software for a single user --
if one doesn't want to overwrite system's installed packages -- is to do
this under $HOME/usr, where executables end up in $HOME/usr/bin and
adding that in front of $PATH pulls them in first before others. What
I'd do is to create $HOME/usr/src and within there untar the make
tarball. You'll get a directory like $HOME/usr/src/make-3.82/ and in
there invoke

./configure --prefix=$HOME/usr
make
make check
make install

If everything goes well you then should have the executable
$HOME/usr/bin/make

Prepend $HOME/usr/bin to your user's PATH and open a new shell, invoke
make -v
and verify that it says 3.82

BUT, your problem with cppunittester.exe seems to be unrelated and will
not vanish by using a newer make, else I would be surprised..

  Eike