[Libreoffice] map files: how to update? [was: cppu::OPropertySetHelper ABI backwards compatibility]

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Thu Aug 25 09:09:15 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 23, 2011 at 07:37:06PM +0200, Stephan Bergmann wrote:

> On Aug 23, 2011, at 5:00 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

>> (...) I don't know what to do with queryInterface; since it is not
>> virtual, I cannot override it in OPropertySetHelper2. The best I
>> could come up with is something like (in
>> OPropertySetHelper):

> queryInterface *is* virtual (inherited from
> com::sun::star::uno::XInterface),

Ah yes, I was looking only at the class definition, and I forgot it is
inherited from the purely abstract interface class anyway...

So, that is solved cleanly.

Now, I face the .map files; there, I'd appreciate some help; I think
I've reverse-engineered enough of the GCC one to get a correct one (at
least, I could do a modicum of testing with GCC), but:

1) Someone that knows better than me should check.

2) for MSVC, I'm rather more disarmed; made some incomplete guesses.

You'll notice I remove:

 ?queryInterface at OPropertySetHelper@cppu@@W3AA?AVAny at uno@star at sun@com@@ABVType at 4567@@Z;
 ?queryInterface at OPropertySetHelper@cppu@@W7AA?AVAny at uno@star at sun@com@@ABVType at 4567@@Z;

That's because those *look* like they are rests from a different
calling convention or something like that, since all other
queryInterface member functions (of the other classes) have only the
@UAA version insted of @W3AA and @W7AA. We shouldn't commit that hunk
until we confirm this is true :) (And it should be in a different git
commit than the rest anyway).

It also seems to me that the msvc_win32_x86_64.map is out of sync: it
has no UDK_3.7, nor UDK_3.8 section; this looks highly suspicious. If
someone is willing to take a look at it and fix it?

--
Lionel