[Libreoffice] Daily Builds from Master Mac OSX - does not receive foreground focus on launch ?

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Aug 26 02:08:26 PDT 2011

On Fri, 2011-08-26 at 09:34 +0200, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> While testing the daily builds from master on Mac OSX, I have noticed
> that when the app is started the main app window no longer gets
> foreground focus and is displayed behind other windows already open on
> the desktop.
>
> Testbuilds : 22/08 and 25/08

Is there a daily build where that doesn't happen, and then a daily build
where it does happen ? That's, hopefully, the real point of the dailies.

Bisect it down to the first build when it happens if possible, take note
of the build-ids in help->about of the last version where its ok and the
first version where its broken. Those are the git ids of the
repositories at build time. The first chunk is for the main repo, and
the others for the various other repos.

So if the working/broken bounds are known it becomes easy to find the
commit that causes the change. Even a manual inspection of
git log workingid...brokenid
is likely to highlight the baddy

C.