[Libreoffice] Licensing information collection for Dev submitting patch

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 13:01:05 PDT 2011

I've added a 'License' column in the list of developers in the wiki
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Developers

This column is meant to have links to post(s) in the mailing list that
indicate the concerned developers statement of license.
This is useful for patch reviewer/committer when a specific patch is
not accompanied with an explicit license, but the submitter of the
patch has already posted a blanket statement covering the patch he
submit to the Maling list.
finding that statement in the mailing list history is not trivial.. so
having these referenced in a centralized place in the wiki would help.

I encourage patch submitters to fill the wiki page above with the
relevant information.
If you do not want to create a wiki account, send me an email with the
information you'd like to see there and I'll fill it for you.

Norbert.

Note: I'll use this email for the purpose of registering my statement
of license. This is _my_ version of it, by no mean should this be
considered a template or a suggested wording :-) IANAL etc...

commit directly in the libreoffice repositories contrib/dev-tools and
contrib/buildbot are under GPLv3+ unless specified otherwise in the
commit message or unless this is a new file, in which case the
licensing information inside the new file, if any, govern.

Any patches I submit to the libreoffice-dev mailing list or that I
commit directly in the libreoffice repositories other than
contrib/dev-tools and contrib/buildbot are under MPL 1.1/LGPLv3+/GPL3+
unless specified otherwise in the commit message or unless this is a
new file, in which case the licensing information inside the new file,
if any, govern.

This declaration remain valid until explicitly revoked or amended by a
post on the libreoffice dev-mailing list and is effective September
28th, 2010.

Norbert Thiebaud, on August 28th 2011.