[Libreoffice] few queastions about building sal

Matúš Kukan matus.kukan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 14:57:58 PDT 2011

Hi,

I was working on gbuildizing sal and few problems showed up:

1, in sal/osl/unx/system.h:75 there is #if GLIBC >= 2
    but I could not find how is GLIBC defined. In Env.Host.sh I have
GLIBC="2REDHAT60" but that is something else probably.
    (wrong branch in #if .. #else .. is executed for me)

2. Then also somewhere has to be defined architecture for
rtl/source/macro.hxx, but I could not find where it is for build
    and may be we need add this to gbuild/platform/*

3. There were functions which are visible in library but are not in
exported headers and not used in LibreOffice outside sal
    and are listed in qa/helper/gcov/deprecated.txt (there are also
other functions listed)
    They have to be visible because of API/ABI ?

4. This is not problem for me, but in sal/inc/sal/cppunit.h I have
seen typo: LibreOfficeProtect*e*r. So, it is unused,
    and I'm just wondering where and how it should be used ? It is
something new ?

Thanks,

Matúš