[Libreoffice] Platform-specific OUTPATH variables

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at suse.com
Mon Aug 29 23:15:50 PDT 2011

> I have no idea how cross-compilation is currently implemented, but can't that
> be done with the same build directory name for all platforms ?

Not unless the way it is done currently is changed. New ideas, and patches to implement them welcome. But don't just break it.

The tools that we build ourselves and that are used during the build (for instance idlc) are built as binaries for the build platform, obviously. In a true cross-compining build one can't run binaries for the host ("target") platform. No Wine, QEMU, Rosetta etc is assumed or used even if available.

For instance, when cross-compiling to PowerPC Linux from x86_64 Linux (hypothetical example, but as such potentially useful), idlc would be in solver/350/unxlngx6.pro/bin, and the PowerPC binaries being produced in solver/350/unxlngppc.pro/bin.

> Can't we at least get rid of the '350' subdirectory ?

Yes please.

--tml