[Libreoffice] Platform-specific OUTPATH variables

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Tue Aug 30 08:43:51 PDT 2011

On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 10:06:57AM -0500, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 1:35 AM, Francois Tigeot <ftigeot at wolfpond.org> wrote:
> >
> > The build system uses so many flags and tricks it can't run as-is under
> > the pkgsrc framework, many libraries are not found at link time.
> > Some platforms don't understand the -rlink-path and related options either.
> >
> > Using LD_LIBRARY_PATH is the simplest way I've found to package LibreOffice
> > properly on most (all ?) supported systems.
>
> I'm sorry but I really don't understand the problem you are trying to solve

Removing unneeded complexity.

> beside how hard can it be to figure-out on which system you are and
> use the proper path ? (see set_soenv.in for an authoritative list of
> possible values)

It will not be too hard by itself but this will be one more script to
maintain, with its own possible problems which will bite me in the future.

I'd rather like to not have to manage a list in the first place, and keep
the packaging script (and set_soenv.in) simple.

--
Francois Tigeot