[Libreoffice] ccache support

Francois Tigeot ftigeot at wolfpond.org
Tue Aug 30 09:57:56 PDT 2011

Hi all,

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 11:27:05AM +0200, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> On 2011-08-08 at 11:33 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
>
> > > I've pushed
> > > http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=57cf026739a3d707378
> > >ca38f59518b018fccca8f
> > >
> > > This try to automatically use ccache when present, unless CC= or CXX=
> > > was specified by the user or --disable-ccache was passed to autogen
> > > This also detect if CC or CXX is already an alias for ccache, in which
> > > case ccache is not prefixed to CC and/or CXX
> >
> >  I disagree with this change, as it does not improve anything for anybody.
>
> Well, I am not that happy about using ccache by default either ;-)  It
> collides with the icecream support,

I'm not happy about this commit either: when packaging LibreOffice under pkgsrc,
it doubles the size of the build tree for no gain in speed.

The pkgsrc framework sanitizes the environment; $HOME is a temporary directory
which is always removed and created anew for each build.

I'm using ccache for development builds (from git), and I _don't_ want to use
it when creating packages on the same machine.

Could this change be reverted ? Instead of improving things, it degrades them.

--
Francois Tigeot