[Libreoffice] I need some advice to fix fdo#40363

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Thu Dec 1 11:04:45 PST 2011

Hi Michael,

On Wednesday, 2011-11-30 18:45:31 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:

> On 30/11/11 12:10, Eike Rathke wrote:
> > Also fixed the misrepresentation of years<1000 with less than 4 digits
>
> we did that? oops. i didn't know that...

Yup.. which made we wonder why we have two implementations for that, one
in sax and one in offxml unit converter.

> > in the file format and enabled reading dates with less than 4 digits in
>
> ... so thanks for fixing my importer to match the old broken exporter :)

heh :)

> > + // A leading ^+ is NOT invalid, ISO 8601 specifies this for explicit AD/CE.
>
> for ODF the normative reference is W3C XMLSchema, and its lexical
> representation does not allow +YYYY:
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-2/#date

oops, indeed.. the joy of standards..

> but i don't object to adding that as an extension to the import, though
> it makes it more difficult to detect if somebody breaks the export by
> adding a '+'  :)

I don't insist on keeping the ^+ thing in, maybe it's better to remove
that part and check for W3C compliance. I'm unbiased there.

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD