[Libreoffice] I need some advice to fix fdo#40363

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Thu Dec 1 14:21:00 PST 2011

Hi Michael,

On Thursday, 2011-12-01 21:12:48 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:

> > I don't insist on keeping the ^+ thing in, maybe it's better to remove
> > that part and check for W3C compliance. I'm unbiased there.
>
> hmm... even ODF 1.0 referred to XMLSchema;
> i've taken a quick look at the OOoXML format:
> http://xml.openoffice.org/xml_specification.pdf
>
> but that doesn't seem to mention where the datatypes are from...
>
> perhaps we don't import anything with ISO8601 dates?

Indeed we don't, except in the OpenFormula namespace for textual
arguments of date related funtions. I now reintroduced W3C compliance in
the sax parser and the check against ^+ in unit test.

> (i'm assuming that OOXML has its own date format re-invented from
> scratch, like everything else

You might start laughing but ... they store the internal serial date
number (which Calc also does), but not the actual date representation,
that's only available by calculating from the null date. So a simple
viewer without some date recalculation capabilities is not possible.

> and with special support for 1900-02-29 :)

Should be "1900-02-28++" ;-)

  Eike

GnuPG key 0x293C05FD : 997A 4C60 CE41 0149 0DB3  9E96 2F1A D073 293C 05FD