[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-qa] Naming builds. Please???

Pedro Lino pedlino at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 23:51:13 PST 2011

> No, my idea was to put the above text in the about box, to replace our
> current 4f11d0a-adcf6d5-... string.

Oh, I see! But then it would be easier to use the "pretty printing
date" instead of having 2 strings to compare for each repository. That
would be a nice improvement.

What I was proposing was to replace 4f11d0a-adcf6d5-c4bb9bd with
41491490-etc-etc
which is a simple numeric value that will continually grow because it
is an age...

One year from now you would be using build 79831260-etc-etc and you
wouldn't have to look twice to know that this build was much newer
than 41491490-etc-etc

Even better, use the string as the actual number of days which is even
easier to visually compare: 414.91490-etc-etc now, 798.31260-etc-etc
in a year, 44534.31260-etc-etc ten years from today at the exact same
second

It's easy to visualize and to explain to anyone the logic.

Kind regards,
Pedro