[Libreoffice] "make dev-install -o build" does a complete incremental build

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Dec 5 05:04:04 PST 2011

On 12/05/2011 01:22 PM, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> We now have a gbuild makefile on the toplevel and I recurses to get the
> Env etc. since shm_get implemented that to get rid of the need to
> source the Env in the shell. Unfortunately, make does not pass the -o
> stuff down during recursion (and I found no way to make it do that as
> the -o stuff is not in MAKEFLAGS), so that change broke the use of -o
> and possibly quite a few more advanced flags to GNU make. No one
> noticed as people rarely seem to use it unless directly suggested to do
> so.

Wouldn't it be better to remove the "recurse to get the Env etc." magic?
  My understanding is that ultimately we want to get rid of having to
source Env.Host.sh by replacing it with a file included by gbuild.mk,
not by sourcing it behind the scenes, right?  Once we are there,
toplevel make command line arguments should behave as expected.  I see
no need to break that in the meantime.

Stephan