[Libreoffice] LibO 3.5.0 Beta 0 First assessment
pmladek at suse.cz
Mon Dec 5 12:40:18 PST 2011
Rainer Bielefeld píše v So 03. 12. 2011 v 08:42 +0100:
> it's a disaster, completely unusable! Quality of Beta0 is far behind
> quality of Master during the last weeks, it seems that we were not lucky
> with the time where the tag has been created ad got a very broken source.
I think that it was bad luck. When I look at the bug:
https://bugs.freedesktop.org/show_bug.cgi?id=43383, beta0 was not able
to open more documents. I think that the whole application was in a
strange state after opening the fist document. I think that was
basically unusable. IMHO, the bug had many various scenarios.
Unfortunately, this was was not visible during the smoke test.
I did not have time for wider testing. I had big troubles to find
On the other hand, beta0 helped to find the problem with parallel
installation. It was exactly the thing why we did it.
I currently see only only one blocker bug in the 3.5 most annoying bugs:
Spell check: Crash "Runtime Error" with AutoSpellcheck
It seems that it crashes only when you select a function in context
menu. We have to fix it but it does not block wider testing of LO. So,
it does not block beta1 and the current state looks promissing to me.
Note that we want to do more checks before creating the tag for beta1.
Beta0 was primary for build and installation tests. Beta1 should be
usable for functional tests.
Anyway, if you know about anything that is serious, please add it to the
most annoying bugs.
More information about the LibreOffice