[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-qa] LibO 3.5.0 Beta 0 First assessment

Pedro Lino pedlino at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 01:13:29 PST 2011

Hi Petr, *

> It was not intended for wide functional testing. It helped to find
> exactly the problems that it was supposed to find.
>
> It is clear that we should have used the name "alphaX". Well, the plan
> was public and nobody protested against the "beta0" name ;-)

You seem to be taking the complaints about Beta/Alpha personally.
I can say for myself (and most probably for everybody that posted on
this topic) that any comments are not and were never ad hominem. It
wouldn't make any sense anyway. You are doing an excellent job and you
can not be blamed for a common decision (or lack of). If this
situation happened is because we all failed. Beta0 should have been a
very internal test build given that the tinderboxes had been failing
for months (and still are working quite irregularly for Windows, at
least)

> I am afraid that beta1 is going to be delayed by two days or so. We want
> to make some testing before we build it.

I'm certainly glad to hear that ;)
If you need some testing on a Windows machine, just yell ;)

> Yes, we should have used "alpha" name instead of "beta0". We will take
> it in mind when updating schedule for 3.6 release.

May I suggest that this is added to the scripts ASAP instead of
leaving it for later? In June (3.6 planned release date) no one will
remember this discussion.

Kind regards,
Pedro