[Libreoffice] Experimental features

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Wed Dec 7 07:16:02 PST 2011

Hi there,

On Mon, 2011-09-12 at 09:02 +0200, Jean-Baptiste Faure wrote:
> I can't find a list of all experimental features that are enabled by the
> option in Tools > Options > LibreOffice > General
>
> Does such a list exist ?

	Nope :-) but you can git grep for people checking the setting.

> Experimental features I know :
> - macros recorder
> - in-line formula editor
>
> Is there something else ?

	David just added native gtk+ print dialog integration.

	I'm considering disabling the gtk3 backend unless in experimental mode
(if we can build it at all on the old Linux we have to use for this).

> In http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GSoc it is said that
> the features developed during the GSoc would be integrated as soon as
> possible and unfinished feature works will be activated only when
> enabling experimental features.

	Riight - so - I was working hard to merge the python wizards conversion
stuff, but this is really still very bleeding edge; so it's there, but
disabled. Poentially it is a one-liner to enable though but a manual
tweak.

	Of course - having a complete list would be nice :-) we should prolly
have a wiki page somewhere for that.

	HTH,

		Michael.