[Libreoffice] candidate for a new python section in SDK examples page

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Dec 7 09:11:37 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-12-07 at 17:07 +0100, Miklos Vajna wrote:
> In short, it checks if there is a funcion named "g_ImplementationHelper"
> in "actual python-module-name".

g_ImplementationHelper can be googled for, or opengroked. Its the "magic
smoke" which pyuno queries to find out what services a python component
provides, here's the bit from the mailmerge.py, which I think is the
only working python component we have in-tree.

# pythonloader looks for a static g_ImplementationHelper variable
g_ImplementationHelper = unohelper.ImplementationHelper()
g_ImplementationHelper.addImplementation( \
        PyMailServiceProvider,
"org.openoffice.pyuno.MailServiceProvider",
                ("com.sun.star.mail.MailServiceProvider",),)
g_ImplementationHelper.addImplementation( \
        PyMailMessage, "org.openoffice.pyuno.MailMessage",
                ("com.sun.star.mail.MailMessage",),)

I've no idea what's the right way that passive registration supersedes
this "classic" pyuno "active" registration.

C.