[Libreoffice] Slow initialisation of template manager dialogue and subsequent screen corruption

Alex Thurgood alex.thurgood at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 23:52:02 PST 2011

Hi all,

This is not the first time I've noticed on builds from master, but it
appears to not have gone away, so I'm assuming no one else has noticed.

I have been testing my Linux master builds on 32bit Ubuntu 11.10 with
Gnome Classic desktop environment.

1) Start the office.
2) Click on the templates button
3) Wait, wait, wait and wait some more...in all about 30 seconds
4) The template manager dialog finally appears.
5) Now try to move it around the screen, corruption occurs.
6) Leave it alone for another 30 to 40 seconds until the display stabilises.
7) Now try and drag the template manager window around the screen, it
leaves a short trail of frames (redraw problem), like something out of
one of those ghastly old Windows 3.1 mouse cursors.

Anyone else noticed this ?

Alex