[Libreoffice] Adding a Predictive Typing feature.

Shoubhik Bose sbose78 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 8 20:43:34 PST 2011

Hello,

I had earlier got in touch with you a couple of months back.

I wish to work on a couple of projects. Here's one of them,( I'm sending
the other idea in a different mail )

I wish to build a predictive typing feature for LibreOffice Writer ( later
port it to Impress, Calc ).

[ Motivation: Reduce typing time, just like in IDEs like Eclipse and Visual
Studio ]

The prediction would take into account:

   - How often some words are used while typing/speaking English(language
   or any other language).
   - How often some words have occurred in that specific document.
   - The most simple one: Auto-complete ( atleast 4 letters have to be
   typed before this feature is shown).

I understand that this resembles EMACS , but, to some extent only.

I've implemented a very simple and basic version of the 3rd point above in
Javascript.
( It requires a lot of improvement with regards to the suggest-select part
 :-)
 http://2.cbse-12-2011.appspot.com/WORD/myjs.html  )

The first point needs some research, and I'm okay with that.

So, how should I go about this? I'm comfortable with C++, Java , javascript
, C# , a little of Python and GO.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Shoubhik Bose.

IF I REST, I SHALL RUST.. SO, LETS SHARE THE KNOWLEDGE !