[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-qa] Java 7 support in LO 3.4.5 (was: minutes of tech. steering call ...)

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Fri Dec 9 03:10:16 PST 2011

> I'm interest in the time a change was committed to the central
> repository by a developer

But developers don't commit to the central repository. They commit to
their local "clones" of it, and then at some (much) later stage push
outstanding commits to the central repository. And then there are
feature branches and merges...

 > Fixes applied to the 3.4 branch were added back to the master (I
> hope).

In this case (and usually) it is the other way around: Fixes are done
on master, and those deemed good and important are "cherry-picked" to
a stable branch. (Although technically, as we use different repository
structure for master and 3-4 (single "core" vs. a bunch), it isn't a
cherry-pick.)

--tml