[Libreoffice] What is bibisect? And what is it doing in my office?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Fri Dec 9 06:47:47 PST 2011

On Fri, 2011-12-09 at 14:59 +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:
> bibisect stands for "binary bisect" and is intended to help QA for LibreOffice
> 3.5. Regressions are a most annoying artifact that unfortunately come with
> software development and QA.

	Wow - I assume this was the cryptic & magic item you wanted to discuss
at the TSC next week :-)

> If there are questions ...

	How did you get so awesome ? :-)

	A couple of points:

	+ a quick re-send to the libreoffice-qa at lists.freedesktop.org
	  would be cool :-) so more QA guys get it.

	+ are these binaries 'generic' ? ie. did you build them
	  on an old enough distribution, with a clean enough config
	  that they are usable on things other than
	  Debian/Ubuntu-latest ? :-)

	Either way - it seems pretty cool to me. I wonder if we could find a
way to completely automate the production of this using our generic
linux tinderboxen ?

	ATB,

		Michael.