[Libreoffice] "random" build failures in sfx2/sdi/sfxitems.sdi

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Mon Dec 12 07:44:59 PST 2011

Hi Lionel,

On 2011-12-11 at 10:58 +0100, lionel at mamane.lu wrote:

> Just to make sure someone that knows that part of the code gets a
> notice (rather than only unrelated people):
>
> There seems to be a failure in sfx2/sdi/sfxitems.sdi
> (see attachment and
> http://tinderbox.libreoffice.org/cgi-bin/gunzip.cgi?tree=MASTER&full-log=1323593401.28011#err677
> )
> which is unrelated to the commits since last success, so maybe a race
> condition in a parallel build or something like that?

[...]

> > build failed - error is:: log for /local/home/tinderbox/master/sfx2/prj
> > [ info  ALL ] LinkTarget Library/libxml2.so not defined: Assuming headers to be there!
> > [ build DEP ] SRS:sfx/res
> > [ build SDI ] sfx2/sdi/sfxslots
> >
> > /local/home/tinderbox/master/sfx2/sdi/sfxitems.sdi --- error: ( 86, 11 )
> > 	may be <no value for identifier <> > at ( 86, 11 )
> >
> > /local/home/tinderbox/master/sfx2/sdi/sfxitems.sdi --- error: ( 86, 11 )
> > 	may be <unknown type> at ( 86, 11 )
> >
> > /local/home/tinderbox/master/sfx2/sdi/sfxslots.sdi --- error: ( 38, 5 )
> > svidl terminated with errors
> > [ build PKG ] sfx2_inc
> > [ build PKG ] sfx2_sdi
> > make[2]: *** No rule to make target `/local/home/tinderbox/master/workdir/unxlngx6.pro/SdiTarget/sfx2/sdi/sfxslots', needed by `/local/home/tinderbox/master/workdir/unxlngx6.pro/Headers/Library/libsfxlo.so'.  Stop.

I see this breakage on my tinderbox (the SLED11 one) from time to time,
and so far I was unable to find out what is wrong :-(  I though it might
have been a SLED11-related breakage, so I upgraded the box to SP1 (many
things are upgraded there), but the problem persisted.  And Petr
confirmed that he is getting the same in SUSE's buildservice from time
to time; so this issue is not bound to this exact box.

I'll try to investigate at some stage, but unfortunately seems to be a
kind of race, but who knows where; the line numbers are just wrong etc.
- please ignore it when the SLED11 tinderbox complaints about this.

Regards,
Kendy