[Libreoffice] postresql-sdbc bits out of minutes of tech. steering call

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Dec 12 13:18:59 PST 2011

On 12/09/2011 11:19 PM, Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:
> Well, as a system lib I understand it can be installed nearly anywhere:
>
>   - The "one click installer" puts it in /Library/PostgreSQL/${VERSION}/lib
>
>   - fink and MacPorts put it *by default* in
>     /sw/opt/postgresql/${VERSION}/bin
>     /opt/local/lib/postgresql${VERSION}/bin
>     But from documentation on the web, I gather that the user can
>     change the "/sw/" and "/opt/local" prefix to anything.
>
> So I wonder what we would put as absolute path. Are we supposed to
> bundle it with LibreOffice, à la Microsoft Windows?

So it is a library that some LO library links against, but which is not
part of the Mac OS X system (i.e., is not guaranteed to be available on
every machine, in a fixed, well-known location)?

In that case, do not link any LO library directly against it at all.
Have some logic to programmatically find where the library is on a given
machine (if it is available at all), then access it via dlopen/dlysm.

Or, include a copy of the library in the LO installation set and link
against that one.

Stephan