[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-qa] Java 7 support in LO 3.4.5 (was: minutes of tech. steering call ...)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Tue Dec 13 09:25:34 PST 2011

On Tue, 2011-12-13 at 16:39 +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> On Tue, 2011-12-13 at 07:59 -0800, Pedro wrote:
> > 1) If you install LOdev and no Java is installed, LO 3.5.0 won't even start.
> > It crashes on the Splash screen while trying to load the Solver for
> > Nonlinear Programming and the Mediawiki Publisher extensions. Removing these
> > two allows to load LOdev.

	Well - I tested that on Windows XP with the Beta0 builds, and got some
"missing JRE" style messages on first start (only two, down from seven
in the last release ;-) - but no crash; and still no crash when using
the wizards - only the same friendly dialog.

	Most odd - can you file a bug with more specific details & we can
continue the discussion there ? can you try from an empty user profile
etc. ? :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.