[Libreoffice] [Libreoffice-qa] Java 7 support in LO 3.4.5

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Wed Dec 14 04:06:10 PST 2011

On 12/14/2011 11:54 AM, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 12/14/2011 11:41 AM, Pedro Lino wrote:
>>> LO stores information about a selected JRE in the user profile at
>>> config/javasettings_*.xml. Can you verify that just deleting that
>>> file from
>>> the bad old user profile would already be enough to solve the crash?
>>
>> Yes, I can confirm that. I made some extensive testing.
>>
>> This problem occurs if the user uninstalls or downgrades the Java
>> version (i.e. from 7 to 6)
>>
>> This happens because under Windows the absolute path to Java is stored
>> in file javasettings_Windows_x86.xml located in
>> %AppData%\LOdev\3\user\config
>>
>> E.g.<location>file:///C:/Program%20Files/Java/jre6</location>
>
> Somehow sounds like a well-known problem from OOo times to me (but one
> having already been addressed, I thought). Will have a look.

Hm, cannot reproduce this on Linux at least.  When I consistently change
all the file URLs in user/config/javasettings_Linux_X86_64.xml
(including the ones encoded in the <vendorData>!) from the
file:///usr/lib/jvm/... used on my machine to a non-existing
file:///usrXX/lib/jvm/..., then restart soffice.bin directly (instead of
soffice wrapper, to avoid interference with a confused javaldx), and
start the Letter wizard, LO complains about a broken Java installation
and does not crash.

Stephan