[Libreoffice] unit-test dependencies (Re: Tests on release build)

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at suse.com
Thu Dec 15 08:37:16 PST 2011

On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 13:18 +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> On Thu, 2011-12-15 at 13:56 +0100, Michael Stahl wrote:
> > we wouldn't have this problem if these were subsequenttests
>
> but then no one would run them :-), I still feel its far better to try
> and track down and fix the dependency or parallel test problem, whatever
> it is, then move things into a subsequenttest because if the immediacy
> of "make" to "pass/failure" isn't there I just have no faith that people
> as lazy as me will run them :-(

	I tend to agree. If we have obscure crashers for our unit tests during
make - then we should fix them :-)

	Oddly hwpfilter (two of the three reports) is included into tail_build,
and thus it's prj/build.lst dependencies are irrelevant, it should be in
the new, pristine world of gnumake-ness. Which makes this distinctly
odd. Those files should not be moving around after creation - surely ?
and make is all a single process, so it'll wait until the file creation
rule is complete before relying on it rather than statting and finding a
1/2 done file.

	Seemingly tail_build depends on fpicker which depends on ucb - so the
ucb1, ucbfile1 components should be in-place.

	Like Michael S, I too have seen this intermittently fail too - which is
deadly annoying.

	I guess we could add a '--disable-unit-tests' configure option for
Gentoo-ers.

	Odd,

		Michael.