[Libreoffice] minutes of tech. steering call ...

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Thu Dec 15 11:52:11 PST 2011

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 1:46 PM, Christian Lohmaier
<lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Hi *,
>
> On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 6:40 PM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at suse.com> wrote:
>> QA awesome git bibi fun (Bjoern)
>> [...]
>>        + Norbert to investigate it working on Mac, will it bloat up
>>                + have to copy images, not DMGs
>
> <nitpick>DMGs are the images (disk images, similar to a iso, i.e. an
> in-file filesystem) - so one has to use the extracted version / the
> version before it gets packed. </nitpick>
> Smoketests already creates such a flat tree, but it is also easy to
> mount the image and copy the files from the mounted image.
> (Installation on Mac works by simply copying the files from the dmg to
> any folder on your harddisk)

yes that is what I meant during the call... we may get better git
compression by using the content of the mounted dmg rather than
committing the dmg itself (*)...
but then... number will talk ultimately... I'll experiment with both
and compare :-)

Norbert

(*) git should have a easier time to find redundancies across build that way.