[Libreoffice] minutes of tech. steering call ...

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 15 15:39:30 PST 2011

Hi Thorsten, *,

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 9:30 PM, Thorsten Behrens
<thb at documentfoundation.org> wrote:
> Michael Meeks wrote:
>>
>>       + bugzilla submission assistant - lots of work currently
>>               + pending integration of link in the help menu for 3.5
>> AA:           + get a permanant re-direction link for bug assistent (Thorsten)
>> AA:           + hack up the Help->File bug menu item
>>
> https://www.libreoffice.org/get-help/bug/ is not what we want?

No - as that is tied to the current site layout/structure.
For links added to LO itself, never-ever-changing (or better: always
working) ones should be used.

A proposal for such common URL has been
hub.libreoffice.org/<whatevertask>?optional=parameters&like=version&and=distribution

so hub.libreoffice.org/file-a-bug or something like that is what is wanted here.
That will then redirect to the get-help/bug page, or when the version
is ancient suggests "this version is stone-age, we suggest to try a
newer version instead of wasting time filing a bug when no new
releases are going to be made on that codeline"
or "ah, you're using <distro>, have a look at those known bugs/file
bugs regarding <whatever> in <distro>-bugtracker, all other bugs go
here → get-help/bugs"

ciao
Christian