[Libreoffice] consistent SCCOL use?

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 20 22:07:14 PST 2011

Hello Kevin,

> A quick question to any more-knowledgeable-than-me person on whether there's
> a reason these spots in the calc code base are hard-coded to sal_Int16,

It is sal_uInt16 which is not the same as SCCOL.

> rather than using SCCOL?

There are 3 different cases here:

- pivot.hxx may use SCCOL, but I think that the used short can only
have values between 0 and 7 there ( Kohei should know it much better )

- source/filter/excel should always use the type already used there
otherwise the binary import might make problems

- pfiltdlg.cxx uses sal_uInt16 because it is an unsigned datatype and
SCCOL is signed, we could use SCCOL there too

Markus