[Libreoffice] make dev-install hangs

Miklos Vajna vmiklos at frugalware.org
Wed Dec 21 03:51:11 PST 2011

On Tue, Dec 13, 2011 at 09:57:34AM -0500, Kohei Yoshida <kohei.yoshida at gmail.com> wrote:
> Indeed.  It took 6 minutes on my machine for make dev-install to finish,
> but it did finish eventually.

This still happens here on today's master (5e30598):

----
[ WARN   ] !!!
[ WARN   ] !!! vcl/source/salmain/salmain is linked in by
Library/libvcllo.so StaticLibrary/libvclmain.a
[ WARN   ] !!!

Developer installation finished, you can now execute:
----

Between the WARN and the Developer lines it waits around 6 minutes - I
see no I/O, though strace says make does a lot of stat(), which are
probably cached already.

Bjoern, do you see this as well? Should I try to bisect which commit
introduced this?

The problem seems to be specific to dev-install, e.g. 'make tags' does
not have this delay.

Thanks!