[Libreoffice] make dev-install hangs

Jan Holesovsky kendy at suse.cz
Wed Dec 21 10:29:06 PST 2011

Hi Bjoern,

On 2011-12-21 at 13:35 +0100, Bjoern Michaelsen wrote:

> > The problem seems to be specific to dev-install, e.g. 'make tags' does
> > not have this delay.
> That is because dev-install now runs a toplevel one process gbuild run after
> the buildpl run. It should never find anything to build. On my machine that is
> rather quick (lots of RAM), so I left it in as a toplevel gbuild has a better
> view of deps over all modules: If there would be broken deps, you would see
> gbuild build stuff here.

I see the same hang as Miklos; huge ram here too.  I'm using stock make
3.82 - can we disable this additional toplevel gbuild, as you say that
it ends up doing nothing anyway?  I'm afraid it won't help with the
broken deps, because as long as it builds, nobody will notice something
is wrong ;-)

Thank you,
Kendy