[Libreoffice] How to use gprof on LibO?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Tue Feb 1 06:54:25 PST 2011

Hi Soeren,

On Tue, 2011-02-01 at 09:33 +0100, Soeren Moeller wrote:
> Thank you for your answers, I will try both approces.
>
> >        Oh - fun :-) is a complete expunging of the obsolete types not
> > possible ?
..
> I very much hope it is possible, but tools/list is in the codebase
> used for both classic list purposes and for situations where the
> object is created once, is sorted, and then there is a lot of random

	Ah - right :-) so, I suspect the common way to handle these is simply
to look around at the code accessing a given list, and consider how
frequently it is likely to be accessed. The std::vector also (kohei
suggested) is fast to append to if we do it carefully - so ...

	Ultimately, run-time profiling will only show you what your data set
touches, and (as yet) we have no reliable set of representative calc
documents together to know what they look like ;-)

	So - I would personally, just recommend converting them using a bit of
common sense / poking around to infer their use. We'll get performance
regression complaints later if we go too far wrong no doubt :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.