[Libreoffice] (OT) Windows shared package manager, CoAPP ready for 1st binary release

drew drew at baseanswers.com
Thu Feb 3 14:29:04 PST 2011

Hi,

Thought some might find this interesting.

The CoApp project [1] is scheduled to release first CLI binary for folks
to play with tomorrow. In a nutshell this is a community developed
shared package manager for MS Windows under an apache license, lead by a
MS engineer in the MS OSS center in Redmond, with many non-MS devs
involved.

For a quick overview, a teaser video[2], if you just want the elevator
pitch :-)

Not 100% certain, but I believe this early version will support
non-CoApp specific MSI installation packages also, not sure to what
extent however. The native windows GUI is yet to be wrapped up but it
will more or less just run the CLI tool, IIRC.

Anyway - as I said, perhaps someone here might be interested.

Your are doing great work on Libo guys,

Drew

[1] https://launchpad.net/coapp
[2] http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOavxGRSt-k