[Libreoffice] Need help to debug with Visual C++ 2008

Tor Lillqvist tlillqvist at novell.com
Mon Feb 7 00:33:33 PST 2011

> I success debug with Attach to process solution but I want to debug the code
> that execute when LibO start.

Ah. That is always hard for me because

1) I never remember which source file it is that actually contains the "main" program of soffice.bin. There are half a dozen or so files with promising names and/or promising directory names... of course none of them has any comment giving a short descreiption of its purpose.

2) Once you figure out which file actually is the real main, you then need to build that stuff with debug=t, open the soffice.bin in VS (does VS like that, does it understand that it is a normal executable even if called .bin, don't know), and I guess set in the "project's" properties PATH so that it includes the URE/bin and Basis/program directories, and then just start it under the debugger.

Occasionally I have found it easier to just add a "volatile int hang=1; while (hang);" loop in the main program or some other low-level enough function, once I find it, and start it normally and just attach soffice.bin in the debugger, break it, set breakpoints, set hang to zero, and continue...

--tml