[Libreoffice] Does OO/LO have an API?

drew drew at baseanswers.com
Mon Feb 7 04:27:56 PST 2011

On Mon, 2011-02-07 at 12:49 +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
> Kevin Hunter wrote:
> > After about 20 minutes of Googling, and random grepping through the
> > code base, I'm having no luck.  Does such a beast exist?
> >
> At least I'm not aware of any - thing is, higher-level functionality
> in LibO currently ~always assumes a running installation, mainloop,
> uno etc. - at least reducing that is one of the things being worked
> on, since it also makes unit testing a lot easier.
>
> Cheers,

Hi Thorsten

http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/API

This is not an API - it seems to fit the definition I was taught?

I'm not saying your wrong, just do not understand your answer here. Is
there something about Libo that is changing all this or is it just that
right now there is no API work on new features found only in LibO?

I have to admit that I've not installed a LibO SDK, something I did
always under OO.o, is there a big change?

Thanks for your patience on this,

Drew