[Libreoffice] git submodule

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 10:07:06 PST 2011

On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 10:29 AM, Michael Meeks <michael.meeks at novell.com> wrote:

> On Sun, 2011-02-06 at 05:44 -0600, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
>> Note that the main drawback of our current approach is indeed the
>> bisection problem. It would be certainly be convinient to be able to
>> bisect on the entire set of repos... but how much pain/risk do we want
>> to take to improve that aspect of things ?
>
>        Could we do some sort of date based bisection ? or does that not work
> because the patches are not in chronological order really ;-)

Even if we could rely on a date (which we can't), that would give you
the starting point. the bisection after that is just
a bisection of the commit between that point and HEAD (usually)
the problem is that we have commit scattered across 20 git repos... so in order
to truly bisect, we need an extra layer to 'serialized' all the commit
from all the git repos, and then bisect that series of commit

Norbert