[Libreoffice] Some changes for the "Getting Involved

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Tue Feb 8 07:33:28 PST 2011

On Sun, 2011-02-06 at 11:30 -0500, spadnos at sover.net wrote:
> Hello, all
>
> I am just getting started with LibreOffice development, and was following
> the instructions at <http://www.libreoffice.org/get-involved/developers/>.
>  I noticed that a couple of things should be added:
>
> On my Ubuntu system (10.04), you need to install libgnomevfs2-dev in
> addition to the openoffice.org build deps

I guess that means that by default Ubuntu, like ourselves, build with
the --enable-gio backend rather than the gnomevfs2 one. So that's
another alternative, add --enable-gio to the autoconf invocation and
avoid pulling down gnomevfs2.

At some stage we'll surely flip over to --enable-gio as the default
instead of --enable-gnomevfs2, but I'm not too sure what we're
considering as base-line Linux at the moment.

C.