[Libreoffice] [Patch] SVG export filter improvements

KUROSAWA, Takeshi taken.spc at gmail.com
Fri Feb 11 02:38:25 PST 2011

Hi, Throsten,

I express thanks for your review.
I was bit busy with school work. But here are updated patches.
0001 and 0003 are almost same as previous.

2011/2/2 Thorsten Behrens <thb at documentfoundation.org>:
> Nope, this is still in use, especially in legacy binary documents
> (soon to be axed I guess), and more importantly, for all those svm
> metafiles. Could you keep both code paths - i.e. falling back to the
> old code, should there be a step count (with 0 meaning smooth
> gradient, and maybe you can even cut off at something like 100 or so
> steps)?

I found the way to reproduce the stepping gradients with native gradients.
# Simply adding gradient stops as needed.
So 0002 patch uses native gradients for both smooth and non-smooth gradients.

> A bit orthogonal to this great improvement, let me point you to
> https://github.com/knobo/OOo-svg-Export.git - this is an early stage
> of a slightly different attempt, using the new drawing layer
> primitives (that contain more high-level geometry information, like
> stroking etc.). I attach two changes I had lying around locally -
> maybe you're also interested in looking into that.

It's very interesting and has a potential to resolve many long standing issues.
While it's really attractive, I would like to continue to improve the
current filter.
LibreOffice and its predecessors have never produced an SVG
preserving, at least, visual appearances.
Improving the current filter is the shortest path to make LibreOffice
export visual identical SVG files in a short term.
# I know the structure of an SVG produced by the current filter is mess.

Cheers,

--
Kurosawa Takeshi <taken.spc at gmail.com>