[Libreoffice] deliver.pl defaulting to strip

Jan Holesovsky kendy at novell.com
Fri Feb 11 08:07:17 PST 2011

Hi,

deliver.pl now defaults to stripping binaries / libraries when it
delivers to solver, unless you export DISABLE_STRIP.

I think it is a bad idea - breaks debugging of the unit tests (unless
you know that you have to rebuild with debug, and deliver without
stripping), and the distros need need the symbols too, to be able to
produce the debuginfo packages.

So - I'd like to change the logic there, and use ENABLE_STRIP envvar to
control this, defaulting to not stripping; how does that sound to you?

[BTW, Windows build using MSVC would be not affected.]

Regards,
Kendy