[Libreoffice] [PUSHED, partial] Re: Easy Task - remove non-compiled / dead cod=

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Fri Feb 11 13:21:26 PST 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 18:18 +0100, Jean Charles Papin wrote:
> Thank you for your encouragements.
>
> But unfortunately, most of the deleted comments were done by hand,
> because I was unable to really make an distinction between comments
> and the commented code.

So, I pushed some of this patch, but not all. The dmake dir is really
third party code we use as a make equivalent and we're hoping to get rid
of it soon, so best to just skip that module.

And of course the point isn't to remove all comments, just the ones that
comment out large chunks of code or the ones that don't add any value,
e.g. "--> CMC 2010-12-04 #i11111#" is best changed to "#i11111#" seeing
as knowing who and when something a line was added is distracting. I'm
not sure an automatic approach will completely work.

C.