[Libreoffice] Reusing the GLib mainloop from GTK/GNOME integration

Enrico Weigelt weigelt at metux.de
Sat Feb 12 06:36:40 PST 2011

* Alberto Ruiz <alberto.ruiz at codethink.co.uk> schrieb:

> Well, I intend to create a DBus service, as long as I get to that point
> I'll see how it behaves (the g_idle_add was just a test to check if the
> glib mainloop was usable).

What exactly do you want that utterly complex and conceptionally
backwards think, many other people are working at getting rid of ?
(just ask the question why kernels use filesystem interfaces instead
of those rpc stuff ?)

If you just want to access certain objects or send commands remotely,
you could use 9P - simple, tiny and very effective.

cu

 phone:  +49 36207 519931  email: weigelt at metux.de
 mobile: +49 151 27565287  icq:   210169427         skype: nekrad666