[Libreoffice] modules to remove? javainstaller2, crashrep

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier+libreoffice at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 13 14:01:36 PST 2011

Hi *,

On Sun, Feb 13, 2011 at 9:00 PM, Andras Timar <timar74 at gmail.com> wrote:

> components/javainstaller2 and components/crashrep are not built for
> LibreOffice.
>
> AFAIK javainstaller2 is used only by the commercial product
> (StarOffice/OOO).

No, also for OOo, but it is useless to have it, since all that that
installer does is to install the rpms (and a java runtime!) - it has
the option to perform a user-installation IIRC, but that's the only
"advanced" feature it has.
So get rid of it.

> If you do not plan to use and to implement the server
> side of crashrep, it can be removed, too. A few strings less for
> localizers...

Well, as those strings don't change, I don't see a benefit here for localizers.

But no real opinion on this one.

ciao
Christian