[Libreoffice] Easy Hacks: Migrate module descriptions to our wiki

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at novell.com
Mon Feb 14 01:20:35 PST 2011

Hi Christoph,

On Sun, 2011-02-13 at 21:45 +0100, Christoph Herzog wrote:
> I'm busy with this easy hack, i.e. filling
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Code_Overview.

	Wonderful :-)

> It is proposed to copy and paste text from
> http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/w/index.php?title=Source_code_directories&oldid=6821

	Right.

> But http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/Source_code_directories is
> a similar list, yet more complete. Why use the former? License reasons?

	The link I gave is to the version that came from the "free world"
before (in the past) we merged wikis with Sun - as/when we did that the
vast majority of build / developer documentation was written in the
go-oo wiki and eclectically owned / under some very liberal license.

	Since the licensing terms of future contribtuons by Sun / Oracle is not
that clear, I would prefer to avoid re-using that work verbatim. However
- clearly, the function of each module is the same, so an alternative
description that captures the same meaning would be wonderful in modern
cases. So - I would suggest copy/pasting the link I gave, and then
re-phrasing any missing descriptions from the most recent version - if
that is possible ?

> And in this context: Can some text from other parts of the OOo Wiki be
> copied and pasted?

	In a word; no - not unless it is fair use, or written by a friendly,
non-Oracle contributor [ at least, that is my take ].

	ATB,

		Michael.