[Libreoffice] Supported arches

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Wed Feb 16 05:06:47 PST 2011

On Wed, 2011-02-16 at 13:03 +0100, Francois Tigeot wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 16, 2011 at 08:55:12AM +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
> > On the low-power topic there's some medium-level hacks to try and remove
> > the "unending timers" that LibreOffice still has that keep waking up the
> > CPU and eating battery life if that's an interest for you.
>
> Are the UUID_SYSTEM_TIME_RESOLUTION_100NS_TICKS defines in
> sal/inc/rtl/uuid.h a part of that ?

No. You could e.g. set a breakpoint on vcl/source/app/timer.cxx:146 to
see when the timeouts are getting called. There's plenty of "good" ones,
but when we're apparently not doing anything you'll see that various
timeouts still get called, from calc and writer anyway. I fixed math and
a load of the draw ones.

> It looked completely bogus to me.

*shrug*, the comment on it makes a certain degree of sense, on the other
hand I don't think there's any uses of it in the source.

C.